2/7/12

Wright to Philly - Here We Go Again!



Those pesky David Wright-to-the-Phillies rumors made their way around Twitter again last night. In all honesty, the rumor is probably just that, a rumor. Unfortunately, rumors like these can get way out of hand fast.

The rumored deal had David Wright being shipped to Philly in exchange for stud-outfield prospect Domonic Brown, Gold Glove winner Placido Polanco, pitching prospect Phillippe Aumont, and shortstop prospect Freddy Galvis.

I doubt this is legit, and frankly, this is the third time that a Wright-to-Philly rumor has made its rounds this offseason. Still, I feel compelled to pass on the latest rumor since I had written about the original rumblings a few months back.

http://www.throughthefencebaseball.com/theyre-back-wright-to-phillies-rumors-heat-up-again/17063/

4 comments:

Jarod said...

The rumor mill is awful these days. I remember years back where I tested how quickly a rumor could be spread simply by posting an intelligible sounding post. By doing so I got the blogosphere chirping wildly that the Mets were on the verge of trading for Gil Meche with the Royals getting some nominal return.

Stephen Guilbert said...

That was you? Holy shit I remember that. I never knew it was just a rumor...I thought the Mets were actually interested.

Wasn't it Frency for Meche? That's one of them I remember

Mack Ade said...

Mets just signed Rick Santorum!!!!

Jarod said...

Yeah, that was me but it happened prior to the Frenchy years. It was circa 07/08 when Meche was at his highest value. Pretty easy if you reference both GM's and make it sound official. Still can't quite remember who I had the Mets sending though. I can remember that it was a Met that had been talked about with other rumors at the time.