3/14/12

I May Be Wrong, But… Josh Satin, Matt Harvey, John Mincone, Adam Rubin

 • Rising Apple had a post on Tueday morning with the headline “Your Opening Day Third Baseman – Josh Satin?” Frankly, I didn’t even open the post, thinking it was just another creative topic during a long, boring off-season. I then checked the lineup and saw that Satin was starting… at third base. Hmm. You know what I think about Satin’s bat. It’s simply one of the best in the organization, but he’s been criticized for his defense since the day he put a Mets uniform on. I frankly thought he was a pretty good second baseman when he played in Savannah, but what do I know? Satin plays second, first base, third, and has dabbled in the outfield. A perfect utility resume.




 • Amit Batlani twitted that Matt Harvey told him that he has not spoken to Zack Wheeler yet. I mean, like, ever. Am I the only person that finds that strange? I know both of them are housed in different buildings in the complex, but don’t you think one of these guys would have reached out to the other by now? I mean, a burger at Duffy’s would go a long way, wouldn’t it?






 • The signing yesterday of LHP John Mincone has nothing to do with the Tim Byrdak surgery. This signing has been in the works for a while now and even Mincone twittered that the process took a while. Somebody in the Mets organization saw something here and my guess is the 22-year old will start off in extended camp come April. Then, look for him to stay in Florida with St. Lucie.




 • Adam Rubin reminded us Tuesday morning that the lack of depth on the newly-reduced salary team has already begun to bite the Mets in the ass this spring training. I agree with Rubin that any replacements will come from quick-fix non-prospects rather than rush the players in the organization that can being the turnaround of this organization in 2014. Folks, this is going to be a long, painful season if you don’t decide right now to just lay back and enjoy it. No pressure here. Just stay home, watch them on TV and don’t spend a penny with them until they get their act together.

2 comments:

The Closer said...

Josh "McEwing" Satin is a smart man. Anything to get his bat in the lineup and give yourself a chance to play any position they ask you to, why not?

I think the last spot has a lot to do with who gets healthy and ready to play opening day between Hairston and Wright, but Satin has a shot to stick with the ML team and Baxter sent down with Loewen's emergence.

Assuming Wright gets back healthy, carrying Satin could be tough with Cedeno & Turner playing the backup IF roles.

Mack Ade said...

I just can't see Loewen making the 25-man. He has more holes in his swing than Dave Kingman.