3/6/12

Mack On: Zach Lutz, Jon Niese, Fernando Martinez, Court Ruling




3-5-12 – Stock Down – I can’t believe it but Lutz actually had another cheezy bad luck ding in the second intra-squad game. Seems a wild Bobby Parnell put a heater off Zach’s wrist. Everybody said everythi was a-ok, but that’s what they said last year when Ike Davis tapped David Wright on that pop up in front of the catcher. We’’ll have to see how bad luck Lutz comes 0ut of this one.







David Regan of the NYT had nothing but love for Jon Niese Monday morning:

Niese is my pick to be the Mets’ best pitcher this year, and  it might be a runaway

I agree. Niese has a killer curve that is basically unhittable. And, for some reason, he seems to successfully stay below media scrutiny which always helps. It’s early, but my guess right now is he will line up as the SP2 behind R.A. Dickey.




F-Mart went 2-2, with a walk, in his first ST game with Houston. Look, let’s not wish the kid any bad karma. He’s not a Met any longer because he couldn’t keep healthy and other outfield prospects pushed him out the door. That’s how the minor leagues work. You keep him around and you can’t play Kirk Nieuwenhuis, Josh Satin, and Juan Lagares every day. His time was over as a Met and he was worth nothing in a trade. I wish him well.





Regarding the court ruling yesterday, don’t care. Not my problem. Go sell a building. I got my on problems.

No comments: