3/20/12

Michael Jawitz - The Topps 2012 Heritage Card Set Has Arrived!

I’m happy to report that this week I went to several baseball card shops and purchased three boxes of the newly issued Topps 2012 Heritage set, which features today’s ball players on cards that utilize the 1963 format. Those of you who read my recent post on the 1963 Topps set know that it is my favorite. I was so anxious to open these cards after purchasing them that I would have taken a rocket home if one was available. However, on this particular rainy day, a cab did the trick


I lost track of time while opening them. During this period I was so mesmerized by the “new” 1963-style cards that I may have entered a different state of consciousness. Part of me thought back to the last time I opened this many baseball card packs in one sitting, which occurred in 1965 when I bought an entire box of them. Back then they went for a nickel a pack. I wish they cost that now. But I can’t complain about the cost because these cards are a gift from my three sisters, who gave me the money for them. Susan, Nancy and Jane, thank you for this wonderful gift! It’s so cool that these cards are from you, and I will remember that whenever I look at them in the months and years ahead.


http://grubbyglove.wordpress.com/2012/03/19/the-topps-2012-heritage-card-set-has-arrived/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter 

No comments: