3/14/12

Today's Thoughts on the Mets

By Mack Ade


I don't know.


I just didn't feel it today. It was a bad game full of bad performances.


I liked...  Gee's four innings... Gorski hitting 92... Schwinden's impressive three innings.


What I didn't... Valdespin's continued hot-dogging... James composure... lots of players at the wrong position... 


I just don't see a bullpen being built here.


25-man wise...


    obviously, Turner and Cedeno are your UT infielders


     Baxter seems a lock in the outfield


I'm starting to realize that Jason Bay is never going to hit for this team.


And is it just me, but "we" really don't have a closer, do we?

4 comments:

Michael Jawitz, AKA: Grubby Glove said...

Yep. It's not just you, Mack. You've got company: ME!

Mack Ade said...

Michael, I didn't expect much from this season, and I was excited when I was reading about the spirit in the clubhouse, but am I wrong when I just don't feel it on the field?

I saw one positive action and that was Mike Nickeas' reaction when Gorski got that strikeout to get out of the inning.

Even Sandy looked asleep.

Anonymous said...

Couldn't agree more. After the great find of D.J. Carrasco last year I was a bit circumspect about Alderson's ability to evaluate bullpen arms. I don't think he has proven to be all that successful in the draft either in the past and then we here Brandon Nimmo wasn't either his or Ricciardi or Depodesta's idea. Why not put Valdespin at short today? If shortstop not part of the plan at all for Valdespin then why did he play there all last year after being primarily a second baseman in the past? Is anyone else concerned that Duda has confidence issue and so what are Mets doing they are saying he is a budding superstar. Is that the best way to keep the pressure off of him? I am a huge Mets fan but I just don't get it.

Mack Ade said...

Anon -

Spot on.

Did ya think maybe PLAYING guys like Bay and Duda might get their game going?