4/24/12

The Citi Experience

Well I made my first venture to Citi Field yesterday on a cold, dreary day. Dreary was the key word throughout the night describing everything from the weather to the Mets on the field. Parking was FANTASTIC... Twenty bucks to park literally five feet from the stadium was wonderful. I walked in the left field entrance and as soon as I got up the escalator I saw just how EMPTY the stadium was. I got there around 5:40 for the end of the fifth inning. The blue wall looks amazing. That one change makes the ball park look that much better. It's too bad that they didn't color in the walls down the left and right field lines. Having blue all around would of looked even better. Maybe next year Fred!!!
Anyway, the ball park is great and the seats I had were even better. The play on the field by the Mets was abysmal. It was a cold, windy day at the park but there should have been zero excuses. The Giants were spraying line drives all over the field and the Mets, well they just weren't. It was painful to watch....

Between games my buddy and I took up some dinner in the Acela club. I'll tell ya, if anybody has the chance to get in there, DO IT. It is fantastic. It's a little pricey but the food, atmosphere and view is great. We had the steak and it was one of the best tasting steaks I have ever had. Get there as soon as possible! They have an all you can eat type of appetizer course and then the main dish. Everything we had came out to about $82 each. Not too shabby to watch a game, have great food and stay WARM.




 Some observations:

Poor Ike looks lost at the plate. He's trying to do too much and trying to pull everything. He's a fantastic hitter who needs to use the entire field. He needs a day or two to clear his head.

Duda is a beast. Being up close to him, he is HUGE. He is a mammoth of a man who now I can understand why he has the power that he does.

Baxter is a Stanner, hes a stud.. Play him

Dillon Gee can pitch. Even though he got hit around a little he still managed to save some of the pen. He reminds me a lot of Rick Reed from back in the day.

Captain Kirk is the man. I hope we can keep him around and he can become a serviceable big leaguer.


No comments: