4/13/12

Dirty Laundry - Old Friend, Spiders, Med Update, New Laptop

-I had a spirited exchange with on old Mets blog friend of mine today. I posted a compliment on his site which he took wrong and off he went on me. Look, I've earned my reputation, but what ever happened to a private email or a telephone call? Was it necessary to humiliate me? He didn't like my general comments about Mets writers yesterday, which is understandable, but I'm sorry what happened, happened. He was an old friend...

-I learned something that I didn't know existed. I got this email from someone, asking me if I wanted to "buy hits". I was curious and opened it to find out that you can attach yourself to another web site and their hits are also accredited to your site. I've had advertisers attach to my site, but no one took the time to let me know what was happening once I took their money and I placed an html link to once of my posts. This email said that, for $60 a month, I could get hits from a "page 9" site. That's like 20-30,000 hits a day! I always wondered how some sites I've visited had so many "followers"...

-Med. update... I go to the Charleston VA next Tuesday morning for an MRI/consult/operation. My estimate recovery time is somewhere between David Wright's pinkie and Carlos Beltran's knee...  my plan is to take my "new laptop" with me, but I have no history on whether I will be able to post there...

-did you notice I said "new laptop". Well, thanks to one reader here, I was able to upgrade to a computer that weighs less than seven pounds. My love and thanks go out to "you know who you are".



No comments: