4/15/12

From Mack


I’m heading to the Charleston, South Carolina Veterans Hospital Tuesday morning for another MRI, surgical consultation, and surgery. It’s difficult to determine how long I’ll be out of the loop. It has taken me four weeks to simply get scheduled.

I hope those of you that have normal health insurance appreciate what you have. THE VA system mirrors Angola.

I know I’ll be there Tuesday and Wednesday, which will cover the MRI and consult. Scheduling for the operation follows and, the norm would be to lay in bed until you’re wheeled to the operating room. For all I know, they will send me home for another four weeks before actually cutting me.

The pain has been unbearable and the drama online recently has exhausted any desire to continue Mack’s Mets. I need this time offline to plot a new direction. I’ve turned 65, have diabetes and high blood pressure, have been diagnosed bi-polar, and now am about to be turned into a robot.

I’ve had Mack’s Mets since the year before David Wright made it to Queens, well before the Matt Cerrone’s of the world. 10 to 12 posts a day, for 365 days a year, produced a 2011 revenue of $345 and an average daily “hit” count of around 800.

I love writing and, if I can reach my laptop I will write again, but spending all day producing posts that my peers consider fodder has worn me out.

Look, I’ve earned my reputation. Keith Olberman may have more friends than I do. But, all I ever wanted to do was write about the Mets minor leaguers and make an average of $375 a month so I could get my wife health insurance.

For now, Jarod Alley will be administrating the site. Hopefully, the team of fine writers here will come up with some great posts beginning tomorrow morning.

I will let you know how things went as soon as I can turn on a computer.

If that’s not possible, it’s been a pleasure to serve you. I wish all of you nothing but health and happiness for you and yours, and a Mets World Series ring sometime in your lifetime.

Mack

P.S. A special thanks to Kirk Presley, who was the subject of my first Mack's Mets post.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get better man!

Anonymous said...

Don't let things get you down. Life has a roller coaster in store for everyone and while yours may seem like it's on the scary downward slope just know that the rise will follow. Best Wishes to a speedy recovery and return to what truly makes you happy. Remember, you don't do this for the people who don't care, you do it for the hundreds of us daily who actually do.

TP said...

Mack,
Hang in there and thanks, your passion is appreciated perhaps more than you realize.

Charlie said...

All the best Mack. You are the reason I now follow Mets minor league ball.

Shankbone said...

Hang in there, good luck in the VA.