4/15/12

Mets and Stuff


Mets and Stuff 

“The combined BA of Bay-Duda-Davis is below the Mendoza line, and David and Torres are on the DL… yet, the team is 5-2. It’s always about the pitching” - Mack

Brandon Brown went 2-4, 2(3B), 4RBI, BB for Low-A Savannah

Justin Turner‏@redturn2 - Great Win tonight highlighted by Josh Thole trying to steal first! Ha ha that is gonna be in the blooper reals for a while now

R.A. Dickey‏ @RADickey43 - Nice win for us tonight. J bay had a huge hit. Thanks for coming over to citizens bank park tonight Mets fans.

Astros farmhand Fernando Martinez homers twice and drives in six runs in Triple-A Oklahoma City's win at Memphis

Monday:  Gee vs. Hanson; Tuesday-Santana vs. Delgado; Wednesday-Dickey vs. Jurrjens

Kevin Goldstein‏ - @Kevin_Goldstein - Former Mets top prospect Fernando Martinez with 2 home runs last night and batting .361 in nine games. Still just 23.

Only two members of the Binghamton Saturday starting lineup went into the game hitting above .200.

Buffalo 2B Bobby Scales leads the AAA-International League in OBP.

Andrew Vazzano - ‏@TheRopolitans - Someone break Jason Bay's finger!!!

            (what’s interesting is the fact that Bay gets all the heat while he’s actually out-hitting both Lucas Duda and Ike Davis. Remember… both of them have never played a full MLB season, so they remain a mystery)

Justin Turner‏ - @redturn2 - I think Mr. Wright’s finger is feeling just fine!! Great job by Jon! Let's keep it rolling and get 3 from these guys 

Zack Wheeler:

"My fastball was working and that's what helped me out. I had command of my fastball tonight and I worked my slider off that. It had good depth to it, there were a lot of swing-throughs and I got a lot of ground balls off it. I'm pleased, especially after my first outing. The first outing, I fell behind everybody and my pitch count was up early and I had to come out. It's always nice to go deep into a game so your bullpen doesn't have to work early. Pound the zone and let your pitches do your work and you can go a little deeper. Just commanding my off-speed pitches a little better,I worked hard on that this offseason and when I have my fastball like it is, it can make my off-speed stuff better."




No comments: