7/15/12

Ask Mack - Gary Seagren on Saturday's Game


OK Mack I'm pissed this morning. Another  beautiful Sunny day here in Sarasota and as I sit here on my porch looking out over the lake  I'm still digesting another blown game in Hotlanta. Does this make like 1000 games we've lost there in last 15 years, most of which were absolutely excruciating. It would help a lot if we could just talk them into taking a 1w 2L weekend (they probably wouldn't because they'd want the sweep) and rest up for our next opponent. Once again were looking at a fall off the cliff in the second half and although we would have easily signed up for a 46-42 record at this point a few months ago we of course want more now. Hey I know we talked about just being happy their "in it" but after 50 years of Mets baseball there have been only a few teams you could really love....the late 60's, the mid 80's, the late 90's and I was really hoping for this bunch. Look I know its easy to get caught up in their exciting first half but I really don't want to be snapped back  into reality. Let me dream a little longer..... please. Sorry for rambling on but it really is a beautiful morning here and I will enjoy the rest of the day. Hope your feeling better and we'll chat this week,  Gary Seagren   

Mack: And you say you won’t join the site because you’re not a writer. (I’m leaving the words without capitals. I know you sent this via mobile but it is fun looking at someone other than me write like this J

First of all, I told you before the season to just enjoy this year. Neither one of us are. You are too much of a fan and I’m becoming one again.

Second, there is no room for error when you play rag-tag baseball with a rag-tag team. Forget everything that is being written. There would be six less Atlanta runs on the board yesterday if the Mets didn’t make mental and defensive errors.

I’m too busy with 5 high school player interviews, writing a one-sheet for my new sports management business, and trying to decide which show I will watch tonight, ‘The Newsroom’ of ‘Breaking Bad’.

Hint – always go with Walter White.

No comments: