7/10/12

I May Be Wrong, But…



1.     I haven’t talked about the Mets scouting staff before because it sort of was an off-the-record subject, but I have to tell you this now. Three scouts have now confirmed to me that the last thing a decent scout wants is to work for the New York Mets. They cleaned house again prior to this season, firing around 35 hard working men and women. This is the third cleaning of one’s scouting house in, what, four years and, as one scout told me, “even the young guys will have nothing to do with this team. This is going to come back and bite this team in the ass over the next few years and please remember you read about it here first.



2.     We’ll have our latest first round mock draft up later on today. Remember, these aren’t my picks. They are a composite of the mock drafts being floated around on the internet by writers that are paid to do this work.



3.     I’m still trying to take off Connor O’Brien’s name from the top of my Blogger site.  Any help out there?



4.     I watched the new show “Perception” last night. Don’t all of these made-for-cable shows all seem the same lately? I was waiting for Rizzoli and covert chick to come on screen.



5.     No, I did not watch the home run derby, nor will I watch the all-star game tonight. These are two days I can rest my brain and watch some regular television for a change. I’m also working on a local story where there has been a series of unexplained one-car accidents on a stretch of I95 that was built over ancient Indian burial grounds and the speculation is the cares are being overturned by the old chiefs. Things we do on a hot day in the south.



6.     I’m got another post coming up today on five questions asked from one of my readers. I simply love questions and enjoyed both the ‘Ask Mack’ and Mack and Company’ posts until they ran their course. Please, please, please, email me 3-5 questions at: macksmets@gmail.com. It makes for a great future posting.



7.     Up to 587 followers on Twitter… welcome ‘B T’ and Phillip Mohr… no comments on Mack’s Mets for third straight day… 2,670 pages views on Mack’s Mets.

5 comments:

Charles said...

Can an ex-Mack's mets writer who was fired twice email a couple of questions? Figured I'd break the streak and post something. Three days is too long. Joking joking joking. Seriously, I always liked these "I may be wrong" posts. Glad they 're back. As far as the scouting department goes, you'd think a front office hoping to rebuild through the draft would make scouting the backbone of their operation. Nimmo and Cecchini should have defiantly told us all that this regime is going to draft for slot in the first round always. That makes drafting great in every round that much more important. Must have great scouts to do that.

Mack Ade said...

Hey Charles.

There is no more negative or drama on this site.

Is there a question (or two) in this commment?

Mack

Mack Ade said...

Look, Charles, you're a good guy with a loose tongue ...

come back and do a no-bs recap of each game... no heavy cursing or personal attacks on players...

we can fire you again when the season is over :)

Let me know if you are interested or send your email address to me at:

macksmets@gmail.com

TP said...

Mack,
Keep on rucking, brother. I enjoy the site.

Mack Ade said...

Thank you, TP.

I enjoy it too :)

Mack