7/15/12

I May Be Wrong, But…




1.     Breaking News‏ - Penn State to renovate showers and locker room where Jerry Sandusky abused boys… boy, that solves everything now. Now, I’ve been involved with big-time college sports in the past, was a big-time executive in a town supported by a school and seen (and participated) in paying college basketball players $400 to cut my grass. This will all be blown (sorry for the word choice) under the rug. College sports in a small town is big business. Money always talks.



2.     Still trying to recover from something I have no idea I have… woke up at 3am shaking like a leaf, freezing to death. Wife wrapped me in covers. Also had tremendous head and upper back/lower neck pain I simply shouldn’t have had after taking two 15mg pills of morphine the day before. My hand seems to be healing, but the right ankle just swelled up again and the temperature is back up to 101. On the way to the hospital again.



3.     Blogger – 2,170 page views yesterday… 8 comments other than mine, which was great… Twitter – lost a few followers but gained three and up to 60 now (#JohnMackinAde) – welcome Steve From Norfolk, DJ WhiteOwl (who wants me to click on and listen to his song but I think it’s malware), and 2013 draft prospect Jonah Wesely.



4.     TBS no longer has a deal with the Braves, TS decided to carry another game, MLB-TV had their 687th Yankee game on, and SNY blocks all Mets games but takes my money. The bottom line is I didn’t see the game last night, so I’ll leave it at their. I saw that Miguel Batista had four walks in… like I said, I’ll leave it here.



5.     The Mets have reported that Lucas Duda has a “hamstring issue”. Is that what shitty hitting is called these days? He’s hitting like nothing in July and, since Jason Bay is just about back and Mike Baxter starts his rehab tomorrow latest, there’s a good chance the Duda experiment I being re-evaluated.



6.     Regarding Saturday’s game:



a.     2nd Inning – You possibly could have had a scoreless inning if you didn’t start with the Daniel Murphy throwing error. You’re playing three infielders on a shifted side and Murphy can’t get out of the gate fast enough to get to the ball. Thus, a rushed throw over Ike Davis’ head and the next thing we knew, three runs were scored. Don’t make me say it again about Murphy’s defensive ‘skilled’ at second (or anywhere).



b.     4th inning – Andres Torres was signed to exactly what he did in this inning to tie up the game.



c.      5th inning – there isn’t an umpire at the major league level that is going to give that call to Jordany Valdespin. ‘Spin’s’ minor league reputation is an epic story and you just know telephone calls have been made. You also did not see TC argue much. He knows that Valdespin just doesn’t get it.



d.     More 5th inning… more umpires, and more anti-Spin shit… how can a grown man being paid good money to be a major league umpire, meet with the other three, and not one of the four of them come out of that huddle calling the runner out on first? Simple… more”welcome to “our league, hombre”. Such racial bullshit, but it’s how the game is played. Again, there would be no two runs if you has no Jordany Valdespin on this team.



e.     This easily could be the last Mets game I either cover or watch. I’ve lost my two top Mets writers (David Rubin and Dr. Art Scott) and I have no desire to keep saying the same thing every game. Mack’s Mets is a minor site and I’m a minor league guy with a site that has a minor amount of readers. Sounds fine to me.



7.     Just one suggestion Sandy and Terry. If you’re going to keep looking for a pitching solution, stopped waiting for GodotJosh Edgin just proved he can handle shit like this. Just bring up Harvey, Wheeler, Familia, and Mejia and have some fun the rest of the season.

No comments: