7/8/12

Thoughts from my Citi Field experience on 07/6/12



Good Afternoon everyone!
                Man is it hot out today! So while I’m sitting inside my house beating the heat and relaxing before I catch the Mets game today I figured I would sneak in a quick post about my Citi Field experience at yesterday’s game.
                So at about 2:30 pm Friday afternoon, a friend and I left the sleepy little town of Lewisburg that is nestled in Central Pennsylvania for a night of drinking Expensive Beer and Hot Dogs (Seriously 24 bucks for a Sam Adams and Hot Dog…) and of course rooting for our beloved New York Metropolitans.  Obviously they were playing the lowly Chicago Cubs (shhh ,don’t tell Reed Johnson that, he might go 4 for 5) so we figured we had a win pretty much in the books considering we had Johan on the mound and that there was no way the Cubs would tag Johan for 7 runs…right?. WRONG!, an immediate red flag for us was when we hadn’t reached our seats yet and it was already 1-0 Cubs and we kind of thought Johan was going to have a tough go of it. He just simply wasn’t himself Friday and we’ll just leave it at that (its Johan he is allowed a hiccup here and there).
                As far as the rest of my thoughts for the game, I really liked what I saw from Turner and Cedeno I thought they actually had fine games and also Ramon Ramirez looked good out of the pen so I’m hoping this is a sign that he is starting to become the guy the Mets were hoping he would be when they traded for him.  Now about Miguel Batista…I like his versatility as a player due to the fact that he can start or pitch long relief and also pitch late in games but has anyone else noticed he has been kind of bad lately? Just an observation it’s been a reoccurring theme of the Mets being down a run or so and then Batista comes in and gives up another run or so. This was kind of glaring in the 9th when the Mets were down 8-3 instead of 7-3. Granted the Mets Had no business winning that game considering they gave up 18 hits but then again who’s to say they would’ve made a rally to almost comeback had Batista not given up that RBI single to Alfonso Soriano (who by the way I love to watch hit…when he actually makes contact his swing is so pretty to watch).
                Now about that 9th
Kirk: UGHHHH I love ya Kirk but UGHHH
Valdespin: Where did all this pop come from? I love it
Tejada: Heck of an at bat, just a clutch AB to set the table for watch was an exciting 9th
Murphy, Hairston and Wright: Also great at bats
IKE: Yesssssssss.  Great job to come off the bench and get a Knock to set up the potential walk off
Duda: Hit a homer which was cool. Love the power potential, but quit kicking me in the balls in the field, his defense is brutal
                Good Game,  love the new dimensions and most of all LETS GO METS !

No comments: