3/9/13

Mack Ade - Dirty Laundry


Over the years, Mack’s Mets became well known for it’s “5-packs” and 4-packs” where four or five players/subjects were lopped together into one posting. Most of the material was what was floating around on the internet that day and, as all the other sites like SB Nation and MetsBlog, I always made sure there was a link to the complete site. Well, once again this week I was called out by a fellow Mets blogger for ‘stealing’ information. I explained to her that every short paragraph included either the name of the player or a key word, that was seen in orange, and was actually the link. I didn’t pick the color orange… it just was what Blogger generated. That didn’t stop the attack which was read by the entire Mets blogging community on her site. Rather than apologize, she chose to call me an asshole and block me on Twitter.

It got me to thinking . I’ve been linking to all these great sites for years and no one ever links to Mack’s Mets. MetsBlog used to until I pissed off Matt Cerrone. SB Nation used to, but I hove idea why they don’t anymore. I’ve sort of become the pariah of the Mets blogging community and I guess I have to accept that for what it is.
I will say this. Joe DeCaro over at Metsmereized and I have had some good knock down drag outs, but we’re still friends and he handles my advertising. Joe finally taught me how to not take all this too serious, but incidents like the one this week still makes one wonder why I spend so much time at it. Trust me, there's there’s no money in. 

Anyway, where am I going with all this…

The site isn’t going anywhere.

In fact, it’s getting more popular every day.

The recent additions of Herb G., Mathew Silva, Luis Tirado Jr., Rey P, Rammy Yogendra, and Brant Rustich have created an all-star team that will carry us through the season.

The minor league season will be starting soon and, with it, changes my direction.
I’m going to stop the morning reports for now. I’m not trying to piss anyone off and I thought I was doing something nice, both for the readers and the writers (I don’t know why it’s okay for the other sites to do this, but whatever…).

I’m going to take a more administrative role, which means there will be less posts (unless our current writers increase their load). I’ll continue to recruit more writers for the site in hopes of generating original material.

I’m still hoping to find someone that lives in Binghamton, Savannah, Port St. Lucie, Las Vegas, Brooklyn, or Kingsport to post information about each of these games. I should be able to help in obtaining press passes to most of those cities.

If you’d like to write for Mack’s Mets…

Or, become an on-site beat reporter for Mack’s Mets at one of the minor league teams…
                Email me at:  macksmets@gmail.com

Beginning April 5th, the 8am post on Mack’s Mets will be a recap of all the minor league games the day/night before.

The rest of the day will go from there.

Most of the other Mets writers will continue to focus on whatever the hell they want to :) 

And, I’ll try and put together some original material when a good piece comes to me (oh yeah....  ( I LOVE receiving emails with questions... please don't stop that).

In closing, let's move on together, and LGM.

Mack

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Mack-

I've been reading your blog for a very long time and I think it is ridiculous that someone would accuse you of plagarism. The stuff posted on here by you and the other writers are original and insightful and this is by far one of the best blogs on the Mets out there.

Anyways, I'll be writing about the NY-Penn league this season which I will be covering so I look forward to contributing to this awesome blog :)

Charles said...

In Adam rubin's morning briefing, he adds at least 5 subjects from every major paper in ny. He also adds links to it just like you. Personally, I wouldn't worry about what that other blogger said. Just do what your readers like.

Rusty Staub said...

You are the first blog I I check in the morning and you always have a link to other blogs. I would just ignore everyone else and keep doing it. They are just jealous.

Justin M. said...

F them Mack. You do your thing.