3/13/13

Q and A - Mack's Mets Graphics






From:  Edward - 

This is just meant to be constructive criticism...

First let me say I love the content on your site.. I am on it every day… You’re site is one of the first things in need to read in the morning…

However, I find the look and feel of the site to be so crude…

The font and text of the articles are so inconsistent and difficult to follow… It reminds me of a Myspace page my niece made for her friends in HS…

I know this sounds very harsh and I don’t mean it to be because as I said I love the stuff that is on your site… I just wonder if you lose readership due to the old look of the site, like in the early HTML days…

I think the site would be enhanced with a smoother, slicker, APPLE feel to the site…

I hope you find this email as a positive feed back and not someone trying to hurt your work since again I find it to be excellent…


Edward:

Edward, first of all, thank you very much from your honest assessment of  Mack's Mets. It not only doesn't offend me, it might help me lead to a solution.

The graphics I have up right now were done by a very nice young man (for free) a few years ago. I upset him when I tried to change a few things on the site and we eventually parted company.

Mack's Mets continue to generate minimal income (currently none) and I really upset people when I ask them for donations. I'm disabled and simply can't invest monies into the site, thus, my hopes were that it would generate me some income. That hasn't worked out.

Hopefully, someone who likes to design websites... for free... will read this and take pity on an old Mets fan :)

Until then, I hope you can live with the final product here.

Mack

2 comments:

Shankbone said...

I've had a passing concern on the graphics, but keep coming back for the content! Mack, I've donated a little, I got the 3 kids under 5, which makes it rough. Love your site, and looking forward to some baseball. And maybe, just maybe, a couple of old back in the day stories from the mean streets of Queens if the mood strikes you. =Shank

TP said...

Mack,
Edward makes some legit points. I myself check in almost daily, but I have a slightly different take. The "labor of love" aspect of this sight makes it very appealing to me. Agree or disagree, I appreciate when people post/speak from the heart. No one could ever accuse you of not writing what you really think, and while this has caused you some problems, I am sure that I am not allone in your readership to say it is also respected. Sure, nowadays it is nice to have better graphics and fonts, but the grass-roots content is what really makes it work. Thanks to you and your writers and LGM.