• La Puente Bishop Amat standout IF, Rio Ruiz, had successful surgey to remove a blood clot in a vein near his clavicle by his right shoulder. It is expected that he will return to the field in “a couple of weeks”.
• UNC 3B Colin Moran has broken the 4th and 5th metacarpals in his right hand, will be out 3-4 weeks
• Baylor 1Bman Max Muncy improved his draft status on Saturday. His 2-HR, 5-RBI game raised his stat line to: .315/.427/.539.
• Add FSU HP junior Robert Benincasa to the growing list of top closers in this draft. He continued his dominant pitching Saturday by striking out three batters in the ninth inning, maintaining his 0.00 ERA in 14.2-IP and being rewarded his 8th save this season.
• MLB Draft Countdown listed their top 25 college players in the draft and we couldn’t help but notice a new name to check out. Arizona State OF Joey DeMichele made the list at 19 and, through Saturday, his stat line is: .377/.467/.675. He also won the Pac-10 batting crown last year with his .368 average (sadly he came up Saturday with bases loaded and two outs in the bottom of the ninth on Saturday, but it wasn’t his best moment).
• D2 current rankings:
o 1 - Central Missouri
o 2-T2 Catawba
o 2-T2 St. Mary's (Texas)
o 4 - North Alabama
o 5 - Chico State
o 6 - Tampa
o 7 - Southern New Hampshire
o 8 - St. Cloud State
o 9 - Tusculum
o 10 - Grand Valley State
• Per Jason Churchill, some names to jot down for the 2013 draft. All are RHPs:
o Clinton Hollon, Woodford County H.S. (KY) – 97, 85-slider
o Jordan Sheffield, Tullahoma H.S. (TN) - 94
o Trevor Clifton, Heritage H.S. (TN) – 89-92
o Jenks H.S. (OK) Thomas Hatch – 89-90, 93
o Matt Vogel, Patchogue-Medford H.S. (NY) - 92
o Cheyne Bickel, Dwyer (Palm Beach Gardens H.S. (FL)