4/2/12


I May Be Wrong, But… Jason Bay, Posting, Specter Secter



·        There are reports out of Queens that the Mets are considering platooning Jason Bay in the 2012 season. I’ve had plenty to say about this trade over the years, but I’m still a believer of either ‘play the guy or get rid of him’. These are grown human beings who’s only mistake was to accept the money someone offered them to play baseball. I’m going to stick to my “2014” theme and say, play Bay in Queens until September. In addition, move Kirk Nieuwenhuis out of the Bisons centerfield position and play him in left. Come September, regardless to how well Bay plays, let Kirk play the month of September with the Mets… in left.

·        As you have noticed, very few of the writers here have posted much over the past month. I have some off-line plans in the near future and anticipate a lengthy stay in the Veteran’s Hospital. I want to keep everything going in the right direction here, but I need 4-5 active writers, plus an administrator that can get “draft” posts online in their proper order. Please email me at: macksmets@blogspot.com if you can help either way.

·        I’ve revived my old “Mack Attack” column on The Specter Sector (http://www.thespectorsector.net/ ). Check it out. 

2 comments:

Christopher Soto said...

Mack-

If I'm not mistaken is was stated that Valdespin is going to get some more time in CF with the Bisons, with Havens at 2B (when healthy) and Quintanilla at SS....so its very possible that Kirk in LF and replacing Bay is very possible.

Mack Ade said...

yeah...

rosters haven't been released yet so I'm only guessing that Havens is back on the DL or in Binghamton

Satin will get some time at first base

only confirmation I have in OF is Kirk and Loewen