4/3/12

Mets Stuff - Gil Hodges, Ron Darling, Andres Torres, Frank Francisco

Mets Stuff  - Gil Hodges, Ron Darling, Andres Torres, Frank Francisco



Even though it was 40 years ago today, I can remember it like it was yesterday — my father coming into my room to give me the first dose of reality in my childhood life — Gil Hodges, the man who managed my team to a World Championship, had passed away. I remember it hitting me like a ton of bricks in my 11-year-old stomach. It was my first exposure to the fact that people die. Obviously, I did not know Gil Hodges, but he was the leader of a team that won a World Series and made my team matter more than the other team in town. And being a Met fan who resided in the Bronx, that made me feel like he was part of my family. - link

Andrew Fegyveresi‏ - @afegyveresi - Congrats to SNY’s Ron Darling - who won best analyst at the NY Emmy Awards. #SNY has won the "best analyst" category 5 of the past 6 years

Andres Torres played 9 innings in CF in a minor league intrasquad game on Monday. He went 0-7 with two walks and scored from first on a double. David Wright had seven plate appearances in that game and was 1-6 with a walk and a stolen base.

Andy McCullough‏  @McCulloughSL - Frank Francisco will undergo an MRI on his left knee today. The knee was drained yesterday to reduce swelling.

David Lennon‏ - @DPLennon - Francisco threw long toss today, and felt better now that fluid is gone. But swelling and fluid often a symptom of bigger problem


Bobby Parnell started the "bullpen game" and allowed just two hits while striking out two of the 10 batters he faced over his three innings of work. Assuming Parnell won't pitch in either of the Mets' two Grapefruit League games against the Yankees, he will finish the spring without having allowed a run. In all, Parnell allowed seven hits and two walks while striking out eight over 12 1/3 innings..  link



Tim Hudson held the Mets scoreless for two innings, but they scored four runs in six innings against Brandon Beachy. The first came in the third inning when Ruben Tejada grounded into a double play. The second, third, and fourth runs scored on a Tejada home run in the fifth. The Mets tacked on four in the ninth inning, thanks in large part to a pair of bases-loaded walks by Jose LugoOn the mound, the Mets' bullpen had a mostly good day. The five relief pitchers who appeared combined for eight strikeouts and one walk. Bobby Parnell, Manny Acosta, and Ryan Fraser each had scoreless outings, and Ramon Ramirez and Miguel Batista surrendered a run a piece. - AA



No comments: