4/17/12

So… Here’s the Deal…

Boy, I had this all wrong. I thought the Veterans Hospital was like, well, a hospital.

Today was like retaking Hill 881 in Nam back in 1968 all over again.

I had the MRI.

I got off of the machine and one of the nurses told that the man behind her looking at a bunch of Xrays was the surgeon and he was looking at mine right then and there.

I asked when he was meeting with me and was told that the doctor had 72 hours before he had to report his findings, first, with my VA doctor back in my home county.

I reminded here that we had driven 200 miles and couldn’t we go have a bite to eat and see the doctor later on in the day.

It was if I asked her to redirect the flow of water in the Ganges River.

Bottom line… go home… should hear from my doctor in 3-5 days… to schedule the first of two consults (WTF!)… then maybe alternatives… cordizone… nerve block… weed out in the plaza with the vet-dudes toking while holding on to their IV drip… acupuncture… oral sex by lesbians… then.. maybe a surgery date.

I feel like I’m in Syria and everyone is telling me there’s a cease fire.

Dude?

I’m home and back on line. Fuckit.

2 comments:

NC Big Dog said...

Welcome to Socialized medicine. As a vet myself, I can attest to the lackluster efforts that run rampant through government run "health care".

Wake up & smell the coffee people. Just because it's "free", doesn't mean it's good.

TP said...

Mack,
Glad to see you back on line. All the best to you.