4/4/14

Ernest Dove - Ok Mets, I'm Going to Rant Now...


This following post is classified as 'mature - adult', or, basically, you're on your own now...



Are you fucking kidding me!!!!!! (what, too much to start with?) Where do I Start?

 Lets start at first base. Is everyone enjoying the Mets game of musical chairs? Three games, three different starting first baseman. None of them have done anything. I don't even remember Ike, because he hasn't played since opening day. Satin is backup, so no point wasting my energy arguing about him, and Duda continues to do what Duda does with men on base. Which is NOTHInG. None of them are in a rhythm, and they won't be, because there's THREE of them.

 How bout that bullpen, huh? Listen, I know it is what it is. Vic (wild thing) Black couldn't throw a strike, and Parnell is now hurt, so the Mets are left with some leftovers from last year, and a couple of old guys...... Ok, fine, whatever..... But can this bullpen do me favor? Throw some damn STRIKES. Try not to always come into the game, every time, and immediately walk the first batter you face !!! So far, the best us fans can do, is praise the guys for 'settling down' after each one gave up their initial run (or 2). This is sad......

And what's the point of going out and putting together one of the best defensive outfields, if these pitchers are going to walking everybody along? How bout another strikeout, shall we? Ok, I know, we already knew that this lineup would strikeout..... But I don't any of us figured it would pretty much occur 40-45% of the time. I'm not even sure I can pinpoint what each hitter is doing wrong. They are swinging at bad pitches. They are taking called third strikes. They are getting fooled by breaking pitches. They are swinging through fast balls. I almost miss the old strategy of Mets hitter taking too many pitches. Thanks to all these 3 strikeout innings, it seems like our starting pitchers are always on the damn mound !!!!

 With Thursdays game still technically tied at two, as usual, a reliever came in and walked a guy. After a base hit, a buddy of mine informed me that he is officially turning of his phone, because, "the onslaught is about to begin"....... Damn if he wasn't absolutely right. As seems the case the past 3 years, this team has NO identity. There's been different players in there every game. Different leadoff hitters. Different 2 hitters. Different guy hitting 5th every day. And as for that wonderful bullpen, pretty much anyone/everyone comes in by the 6th or 7th inning, in no real legit order or strategy. I basically feel like the Mets are still in spring training. Everybody plays, everybody is 'working out the kinks', and pitchers seem to trying whatever, except try to throw the ball in the strike zone.

 I want to think of the positives: Tejada is hitting. Lagares is hitting, along with his gold glove defense. David Wright appears healthy, and being...... David Wright... And the starting pitching, though not dominating anybody, is technically keeping the team in the games with quality starts. (although my friend argues that 6 innings and 3 ER doesn't really sound like quality).

 But, other then that: EY Jr., Duda and d'Arnoud are all hitless for the season. Yeah, kinda hard so steal bases when you're never freaking on base. You can't it homers if you can't hit, period. And yes, our hound catcher flashes a nice Mitt to catch behind the plate. But the kid is not hitting. Even Wilmer Flores, who I've begged someone to let play, is not hitting either. Although, in typical Mets fashion, he plays sparingly, and will never get into a rhythm anyway, so he needs to be demoted so he can actually play in games. What else Is there to say? This team, through 3 games, has had a lead in all 3 games. This team continues to screw up leadoff hits/walks, thanks to their boatload of strikeouts. We seem to watch at least 3-4 relievers pitch in every damn game, because nobody can have one solid freaking inning without walking someone, or giving up consecutive hits. It's actually sad news that I have actually found ways to watch these games, while living in Florida, and while my TV is constantly on baby channels for my daughter.............. come to think of it, I think I'm better off watching harry the bunny and yo gabba gabba. At least they won't make me angry..................... So, anyway, screw this opening series........ screw this bullpen...... screw this first baseman by committee idea.......... a few more games like this, and the team needs to immediately consider blowing it all up. Start trading away or releasing dead weight. Forget your lame ass super two bullshit and call up some fireballers, and maybe bring up Pueblo.............

Jesus, I just watched a baseball show where I think the Mariners or somebody is playing something who never played above AA ball as a pitcher or something..I wonder why they are doing that? Hmmm..... maybe the kid earned it..... maybe its pointless to play the kid in AAA for 2 months, because he won't learn that much anyway.......F*&^%$ Mets..............................

Management - It's nice to see that we have not lowered ourselves to any overreaction after only three games. 

2 comments:

Mack Ade said...

Ernest -

I feel your pain.

I did clean it up a little at the end because we pride ourselves here not sounding like some of those "OTHER" sites...

I hope you understand

Ernest Dove said...

Lol.....thats fine.......